Monday, April 6, 2009

Rosie D Roll-Out: Mobile Crisis Contracts Announced

I got my monthly Rosie D newsletter yesterday-  if you are not on their list, I strongly suggest that you go to the Plaintiff's Rosie D. website and sign up now - and learned that the contracts for the Mobile Crisis Teams have been awarded.  The list is posted here ;  in three months, these folks are supposed to mobile crisis teams ready to move in response to parent calls for intervention with their "out of control" child.   The interesting part of this is how the word "crisis" is interpreted, and exactly how much intervention will be done by the crisis team.  In my part of Worcester County, the Mobile Crisis Team will be run through Riverside Community Care while the Intensive Care Coordination Services will be run through YOUInc.  The interface between those two services, it seems to me, will be critical to making this whole thing work.

So, congratulations to the all who have stepped forward to serve, and I look forward to working with you to see how these services are implemented in real life!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map