Thursday, May 1, 2008

An Editorial Note

Please note that, while Robyn Miller (Advocate) has been granted privileges to post on this blog (as she represents the views of a substantial numbers of mental health workers in the Commonwealth), I don't always agree with her point of view. I am particularly troubled by her last post, and encourage comments (signed and anonymous) regarding suggestions of "prescreening" those parents deemed at high risk. Anytime someone starts talking about "those"people (nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more), we are on the the slippery slope to a racial and ethnic profiling. Even with universal screening, we must be very care not to stereotype and to never give up on the individual and family we have before us.

Also, while I have your attention, I hope that many of you are able to participate in Friday's event:

Worcester Children's Mental Health Forum.
Presented by Community Healthlink.
May 2, 2008, 8:30A-10A.
Community Healthlink Youth and Family Services,
275 Belmont St. Worcester MA.
Contact Joan Stewart (508)421-4519.

I am out of town, but would love to post something about it: e-mail a summary and I'll put it up here.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map